Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2006, 6:02 AM   #11

Hello Beesey,

I've not absolutely made up my mind on the FZ30, but it will take something special on the CanonS3 (until I have seen it in the flesh, I don't think it's going to change my mind on the Panny)

I'm in Cardiff, we visit friends/family in Stockport & Knutsford faorly often, so getting to Macc. isn't a problem.

What shop did you get your FZ30?

Who supports the extra year's warranty?

Is it the shop itself? If so, what happens if they go belly-up?

gerambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 7:49 AM   #12

hi, (fz30)

just went to jessops at the weekend to give them a chance to price match the internet, basically they wernt interrested.

They want £499 for a silver FZ30, and ive just ordered a black one for £368.99
Also they had no battery charged for me to try the fz30 out, i had to wait 5 mins, so i could get 30sec's use from a slightly charged battery.
Surely a camera shop would have a bank of chargers, charging different batterys, ready for 'customers'??? i would.

BTW the mention of price matching was after all the testing
Sorry for the moan.

I really find it hard to see how shops will stay open, with more people 'finding' the net for shopping.

I feel guilty just using the shop to get a hands on feel of a product before i order on the net but, its hard to resist the cost savings.

simonbratt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 8:30 AM   #13

Congratulations to both of you. I also just got my FZ30 last week. I really love it so far and have had nothing but good experiences with it so far. The first couple of shots with the camera look phantastic and I didn't see any problems with noise yet.

As for me, I really love this camera. I'm sure you will be very happy with yours.

shaolin_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 11:40 AM   #14

Thanks Simon for your response to my posting of mid April, and congratulations on your own decision tobuy the FZ30 (I have seen for your previous posting that you were thinking about the S2 Canon[as I was]as a replacement for your Fuji -- did you also consider the Fuj9500?). I bought the Panny at the end of last month:-).

Like you and many other would-be camera buyers, I visited Jessops but their price was £120 (yes, one hundred and twenty quid) more than what I paid at the Cardiff Camera Centre (they always seem busy, so you never feel you have their undivided attention when you are trying to find out the ins-and-outs of a well-specified piece of technology -- but for £120 who cares!). There must be plenty of Cardiff camera buyers who frequent Jessies and can't be bothered to walk the 250 yards to CCC or even closer, Cameraland, because both places on almost every camera and piece of kit that I have priced are much cheaper (and more knowledgable).

Once I've got the hang of the Fz30 and taken a few half-decent exposures (and learnt how to post photos -- I've read the 'idiots guide' on one of Steve's other forums) I might pluck up the courage to post! The trouble is, the superb quality of most of the photo-posts I've seen on these forums! they are absolutely first class --- especially the bird shots --- I don't know if I will have the balls to expose my feeble efforts!

P.S. what did you mean by "avatar was with Fuji 5000" I assume it was a reply to someone else, but in what context?

gerambler is offline   Reply With Quote