Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:08 PM   #1

Hello, all.

I'm a new owner of the FZ30 and I've got a couple of questions regarding the camera's picture files.

I've discovered that Photoshop won't display thumbnails (in the File, Open menu) for files larger than 2.9megs.
This is a problem, as most of the pics taken with my new FZ30 are in the 3-4meg range. The size limitation seems to be right at 3 megs, as one file at 2.9+ showed the thumbnail and another at 3.0+ wouldn't.

Is this a Photoshop issue, or something to do with the camera? I notice that Zoombrowser also has problems showing the thumbnail (preview) of large files. Irfanview and ACDSee seem to handle them okay.

In every case, the file will open correctly into the program. It's just really annoying not to be able to see the preview when highlighting the list of files in the menu.

Perhaps this is irrevelant and should have been asked elsewhere, but the camera saves its pics with what seems to be a redundant file naming structure. The manual says that pics will be saved as 100_PANA-P1000xxx.jpg, and my pics are being saved as 100_PANA-P1000xxx_P1000xxx.jpg. Is this the case for everyone? I can't see how my particular camera could be different, but who knows?

Thanks for any help. I will post some pics soon.

ProF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links