Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:17 PM   #1

Greetings All,

I took these pictures with my FZ5 on a cloudy day. It was set on auto, but they look too light to me. What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Brad
ysr_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:44 PM   #2

I do not think they are bad ....there are3 things that may help.....one would be to use a minus exposure compensation.....another may be to use multipattern metering.

And while I like to use center weight meter the way you did you must pay attention to where you meter.....In most of those photos it seems you metered on a dark part of the photo which will cause an overexposure.

As I say I like center meter but you have to pay attention to where you meter....you can see in the EVF when you half press the shutter what the results will be....it takes practice and it took me a while to get the hang of it but now I have a hard time with other types of metering.

As I said you can see what the result will be in the EVF..and if you leave the highlite feature turned on you can see when you blow out the sky.

If there is sky in the photo I always try to see some color in it before snapping the photo.....same thing if someone has a white shirt on you want to be able to see some detail in the shirt before snapping the photo.

After all that everyone of those photos adjusted very nice in photoshop. So perhaps you would be happy with just a little minus comp.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote