Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2006, 1:16 AM   #1

I've had my FZ7 for about three months now. I know there has been a lot of discussion about noise with this camera, and I have to agree that there is a definite noise issue with less-than-optimal light conditions. Anything over 100 ISO is unusable in my opinion. But more annoying than the noise is the problem with purple fringing. THIS is unacceptable in a camera of this caliper, and because of it I'm ready to put up on the eBay auction block and continue looking unless someone can offer some suggestions on how to minimize the fringing (other than avoiding shots where there is an overexposed area next to a dark area).

I got the camera because I wanted something quick-n-dirty, but still on the "good" side to grab-and-go. I still use my 35mm SLR film camera for "serious" photography, and I suppose the FZ7 does fulfill my initial reason for buying it, but as time goes by, its shortcomings are becoming more and more annoying.
sfo2phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2006, 5:28 AM   #2

Hmm i think you are umongst the firs to complain about this sorta thing with the fz7

would you mind posting a few images to show your prob. A bit hard to try remedy something you aaint seen

i own a fz30, and some refer to it as the king of noise for the fz series. In fact we had a post where someone blew away my noise shots with there fz7 noise shots. i thought they were quite good.

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote