Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:13 AM   #1

I have had problems since I first found Steves Forums. After registering and working the forum, I suddenly lost my ability to log in and had to re-register with a different User Name and Password. Until a couple of weeks ago, I had no problems being logged in a Bootneck2 with 200 posts made on the Pana forum. I then used my (new) laptop and logged in as Bootneck2....No problems except when I went back to my desktop computer I had lost Bootneck2 and was logged in as Sandgroper, a User Name I lost last year. Today, this disappeared and I had to re-register as Bootneck3.

I use Ad-Aware which always seems to come up with some critical problems (mainly tracking cookies)which I clear and AVG anti-virus which is always updated.

Ad-Aware is the only thing I can think that is causing it. Is there anyone who has experience or advice on this problem....all I can think of is scrubbing Ad-Aware

Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:22 AM   #2

If Ad-Aware is including cookies from here in the list of tracking cookies and you aren't allowing cookies from here to be set, you probably won't be able to log in. Many sites require you to take a cookie or two just to log in.
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:59 PM   #3

Fred, i have Ad-Aware, along with McAfee anti-virus, Spyware Doctor, and System Mechanic, all of which i run at various intervals. if i elect to remove cookies, i always have to re-log in to any sites i visit regularly, but i've never had a problem with any of those programs forcing me to use a new ID. even logging in from different computers, i am able to use my original screen ID... i don't think Ad-Aware is the problem.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote