Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:41 PM   #1

I thought that it would be a good thread to start and canvas members for their favorite bookmarked web sites that they've found had helpful and useful information that they've found assisted in their understanding and furthered their experience in becoming a better photographer.

In deference to Steve's, please do not post links to commercial sites for specific equipment/software/items etc but rather to informative/educational informational sites. In this manner we can all share and perhaps bookmark/point to this thread for new digi owners to further their learning curve as well.

Please post the URL followed by a concise and brief overview/indication of the site's useful info that you feel assisted you. It would be helpful if you would space the links for easier reading...If you would, pleaseclick on thelink that interests you, check out the info and bookmark the new site on your browser if you feel its worthwhile...

A few of mine are...

A good overview of imaging lightand general guidance on aperature/shutter/exposures

Great informative info on understanding how the Histogram can be/will become your best friend

Two great sites to check on first before calling/attempting to purchase that outrageously low priced whatcha'ma'call-it

CK's great site with info on macro/teleconverters for the Pany

CK's still timely thread on whether a dSLR upgrade is right

Bryan's good info on Pany FZ focusing

A recent but good thread on Red Dot Sights for FZ

A neat site with up-to-date information at various sites with 48-hour forecasts for cloud cover, winds, atmospheric seeing conditions for hour-by-hour intervals. Primarily for astronomical users but good for us photo shooters to see if it will be worth the drive...

These are my on my 'short list' What are yours...

Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:12 PM   #2

Mine is a pretty short list. I don't read very well so I go to two boards and ask my questions and so far eveybody has been very, very helpful.

Steves Digicams: Your here

Digital Photography Review. Panasonic Talk Forum: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033

Both places have the kind of people who will help you out and if you ask they will use easy to understand words not CAMERA TALK.

roger (The Old Newbie)
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote