Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:54 PM   #1

this just keeps getting better...

on Monday, i submittedmy photo of the bubble on a grass stalk to a national magazine for their reader photos section, and today i got a call saying they're going to publish it!! now, this is really big news, because this is a magazine accustomed to seeing the best photos in the world! my little bubble photo is going to appear in the October issue of National Geographic!! wow! it will also appear in their online edition, so it has the opportunity to be seen by literally hundreds of thousands of people! admittedly, the "Your Photos" section is on the back page, but the way i look at it, their photo editors see about 5000 photos a month submitted for that feature, and they're used to seeing the best images in the world on their pages, so getting published anywhere in a magazine of that stature is seriously cool!!

first the CD cover deal, and now this... this is really exciting! i never dreamed when i took that shot that it would turn into anything like this! :Oi feel almost like i'm on the verge of something really big, like there's suddenly a whole new batch of possibilities out there, and that's pretty neat...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:27 AM   #2

That is cool Squirl, It was a beautiful shot but this is really exciting!!!! Good luck and don't forgot us when your famous.

Don :|

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:33 AM   #3

Well and truly deserved Rocky

Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:50 AM   #4

Splentastic, Rocky. Great work deserves to be recognized. May you be blessed by even more wonderful opportunities with your photographs. As has been noted, but I know you won't forget, the forum.

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:51 AM   #5

We knew you had it in you, Squirl...! From the Pany forum, to a CD cover to National Geographic!

Just goes to show that patience, practice and perserverance has it rewards... Of course, your taking a great image has a lot to do with it... Make sure you let us know the edition when it comes out... How much for an autographed litho?
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:31 AM   #6

By picking your photo it tells me them folks got their act together.

roger (The Old Newbie)
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:42 PM   #7

Congratualtions! That was an absolutely stunning photo. Those photo editors at NG know quality wehn they see it! Keep up the good work.

propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:25 PM   #8

Congratulations Squirl

I hope you'll also get some bucks of it.

Yes I know, maybe you don't need money and you'd probably pay for that, but when I asked NG to use one of their photos for my Egyptian website they asked me more than 200$...

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:18 PM   #9

Congratulations Squirl ! Now if you could only sing, maybe we would see you on American Idol ! :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 4:15 AM   #10

Congratulations!!!! That was a really beautiful and well composed image. You deserve the fame and the acknowledgement.
shaolin_k is offline   Reply With Quote