Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:32 PM   #1

Hi there!

I'm new here, so don't kill me if this is a stupid question. :lol:

I am a proud owner of a FZ5 for some months now and I've just recently (don't ask...) discovered that there are third party lenses available for my FZ5.

After reading carefully through the forum here, I read some posts about modifying the standard adapter in order to fit Raynox lenses and that scared me a bit. I am just looking a teleconverter and a WA that fit directly onto the adapter.

Is there a list of well performing teleconverters/WA that fit perfectly onto my FZ5 adapter? For example, the TCON-17 teleconverter caught my eye. Is that gonna fit? A step-ring wouldn't bother me either, as long as I don't have to adjust the adapter myself.

Oh and by the way, is there a replacement adapter for the standard plastic one? It seems a bit weak to me, especially if there's a lens/converter attached to it..

Thank you for helping me out here!
Straby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:04 AM   #2

Any 55mm diameter will fit.

Wide as Tele 55mm exists: Panasonic (WT and LT55), Olympus (WCON 07, TCON17), Schneider Kreuznach Xenar - Kodak WIDE07 and TELE14, ....

Have a look at the FZ1 and FZ3 FAQ in this forum, for metal lens hood holder.

Xophedebx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:32 AM   #3

There is no other adapter availalble for the fz5. The front of the stock fz5 adapter has 1-2mm off unthreaded plastic that is easily removed by rubbing against fine (#100-200) grit sandpaper placed on a hrd flat horizontal surface. That unthreaded plastic not only interferes with a good threaded connection, it also puts the wa converter that much further from the fz5 lens which can cause vignetting. The raynox hd6600-55 .66x is another good 55mm lens.

The tcon17 is an excellent 1.7x tele but it has very shallow 55mmthreads. You will defintely want to do the sanding and even then I wouldn't trust the plastic adapter threads. Get a 55mm uv filter and leave it on all the time for lens protection except when using the wa lens. The uv filter will give you 55mm metal threads and a much more secure fit with the tcon17.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote