Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:42 PM   #1

Hi...it's been awhile since I've posted in here, I own the FZ20 and love it but am getting ready to go to Disneyworld, so thought a smaller camera would be good...

Best Buy is FINALLY after over two years carrying PANASONIC!

I purchased the new TZ1S, which is a super camera, cost me $331.00 plus I bought the two year extended for 60 bucks which gives me a free $50.00 battery so it's a pretty good deal!

Anyone know anything about this new camera, it has lots of modes, even an underwater mode, and has a 10X zoom lens that is also wide angle and zooms inside the camera.

Thanks for listening, so far the pics are TERRIFIC~!

Only thing I'm not sure about is having no viewfinder but most new smaller ones are like this!

Linda Gilliam (Redparrot53)
redparrot53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:55 PM   #2

Hey Redparrot, I have the TZ1 and I am quite pleased with it. You'll get extremely pleasing results with it outside in bright sunlight, and it's not so bad as a indoor bar/party cam. It's super fast, with really fast shooting performance. Video quality is incredible, especially 848x480.

Initially I wass going to return it, but I now have had so much fun with it, I even invested $250 into the marine case. And what an amazing piece of engineering THAT is!

djmacedonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 6:22 AM   #3

THANK YOU so much for replying...I didn't see a review on it from Steve so I was getting a little nervous about it...but so far all the pics seem great!

I wasn't too happy to find I could not adjust the flash downward, and no manual controls but I bought it for a point and shoot and you're right it's EXTREMELY fast and does WONDERFUL video so that's great for the pets and grandkids and this trip to Florida I'm getting ready to take on Sunday.

I just needed something smaller than my FZ20, not going to haul that one around Disney...hahahaha!

Again, thank you for replying to my post, I SO much wanted to hear that someone else had this one.

redparrot53 is offline   Reply With Quote