Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2003, 6:52 PM   #1
Default Sandisk SD Card Problems with FZ1

I purchased an FZ1 from GoodGuys in Portland, OR

The camera works fine with the Panasonic 8 MB card, but when I put in the SanDisk 256 MB card I bought from NewEgg, the cam says something like "Card Error--Would you like to format?" When I select format, it says "Format Error." After fiddling with it for some time, I finally got the card to format and it worked for a little while, then quit.

Reading other posts on other sites, it seems that SanDisk cards are working well in these cams, so I don't know what's going on. I currently have an RMA in process with NewEgg on this card.

I was at WalMart the other night and found a Panasonic brand 256MB SD card for $98. (A full $30 less than NewEgg!) I bought one of these and it works great.

What's the point of all this? I recommend being careful with SanDisk brand SD cards in this cam. Make sure you can return it if it doesn't work. I'll post a followup when I recieve a new SanDisk card from NewEgg. It may be a bad card, but I did manage to read and write to it using my PC's card reader.

BTW, other than shipping taking a long time (10 days), GoodGuys.com was a great place to buy this camera. I got it for $405 with free shipping (this is the hard-to-find black one, FZ1K). The salesman was very good, minimal upsell, and was upfront with me on how long it would take to ship.
Cold80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2003, 1:02 PM   #2

I'm thinking it was the card because I'm using a SanDisk 128MB w/no problems. I just ordered a PNY 128MB from Staples (Staples is having a 2 for 1 special on PNY Get two PNY 128's for $60 after a mail-in rebate). I'll let you know how the PNY's do after I get them.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2003, 7:02 PM   #3
Default My new SanDisk card works fine

I got my new SanDisk card and it works fine. That's the first time I've had a bad memory module.

It's interesting that it worked fine in my PC's card reader, but wouldn't work in the camera.
Cold80 is offline   Reply With Quote