Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:26 AM   #1

I'd been thinking of buying an FZ30 for months, but I thought I'd wait and see what the FZ50 would offer before committing. The price of the FZ30 was also dropping, so I held off. Then this week I checked the Australian internet camera shops that I had been watching and suddenly they are all out of stock. And there was only one left in the camera shops in town! So I ran down there and bought the last one. The guy in the shop said he had ordered 25 FZ30's recently because they were selling so well, but he couldn't get any more.

It looks like Panasonic have switched off FZ30 supply (at least in Australia) and they haven't even released its replacement yet. Or are there just lots of people like me who were underwhelmed by the specs on the FZ50 and rushed to buy the FZ30?

Cheers, Ollie

Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:39 PM   #2

Hi Ollie

I think you'll find that this will be the case everywhere - whatever FZ30's are out there are the last of Panasonics stock. I think from initial findings you got a very good camera at a good price.

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote