Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:38 PM   #1

Hi all

Two reviews the first in Spanish and the second from dc watch in japan. The DC watch review is interesting as it has the L1 using the Zukio 14-54mm (2.8-3.5) pro lens. I'd have liked to have seen a direct comparison between the L1 and E330 with both sets of lenses to see how different both cameras really are. Pricewise the E330+14-54 Zukio costs about $1200.00USD and thats £1200.00 (go figure...) and the L1+Leica D is priced at $2000USD (lets hope thats not £2000.00). The important question would then be is the L1 really worth $800.00 more than the E330 for essentially a rangefinder look, full mag alloy body, IS + Venus.

Some much better sample shots in these two reviews.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 7:30 PM   #2

Thanks for the links! FINALLY, some interesting and thoughtful test shots.

The ones on the Spanish website look pretty but unfortunately they're all very small in size (unless I missed something on the site).

The Japanese site has what looks like full-size examples. Overall they look pleasing; I downloaded a couple and played around with them in Photoshop Elements. The images posted on the site were a bit soft but they sharpen up nicely. Noise is lower than I thought it would be. I might poke around a bit more on the site tommorrow.
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote