Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:21 PM   #1

[align=left]I've decided I need a another camera to fulfill my needs, I currently have 2 workhorse Nikon's (995 and 5400) both work well but I need a camera with a longer reach lens.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]I've been monitoring the posts in this Panasonic group and must say I'm really impressed with the quality of photo's coming from the FZ series of cameras. [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]My main question is do any of the FZ cameras have an exposure lock option similar to the Nikon's which locks both the exposure settings and white balance. This is a very useful feature, which is almost mandatory when shooting a series of shots for panorama stitching. I'd appreciate any feedback on this before I make the final decision on the Panasonic.[/align][align=left]Thanks to all that can help[/align][align=left]D.
deexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:04 PM   #2

I do not know how the Nikons work but the FZ30 has an exposure lock, although I do not understand how that will help with Panoramas but what do I know? and it also has a full manual mode so shutter ...aperture and wb can be set.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote