Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1

Three shots taken a couple of days ago with my FZ10. All just resized for the forum.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2006, 4:59 PM   #2

Terrific shots HarjTT! You obviously have a great touch withthe esthetics!
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 5:05 PM   #3

HarjTT, I do like them. What is the 1st one???

FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 5:25 PM   #4

Very Nice. #1 and #2 not typical...you seemed to be looking for something interesting to say and you said it. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 7:51 PM   #5

Love the mugs for the colour and the 2. one as that one somehow has a very mysterieous eerie quality/feeling to it. Perhaps because of the headless statues?

Seems FZ10 is still cutting it!

Always enjoy Harj's work!!!

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:48 PM   #6

All three are very good HarjTT. They were waiting on you to drop by my man.

But let me dwell on number three for a minute.

BeforeI had a chance to roam around the frame the pleasing lighting set me at ease and you might say it ''set the stage'' for a walk around.And I did. So much so thatmy eye was drawn to yoursmall details whether they wereplanned or not. For example the column on the wall to the right of the foreground sculpture stops, then lets you gaze at the ornaments at the top of it. Nothing hidden here. Just part of a well balanced picture. Then I noticed the pleasing shadows cast across the wall by the angles from the skylight structure. Even the structural lines across the verytop don't interfere with one another; no lines darting out one cornerof the frame or other. Then, when I thought I was done I realized I had missed those two ''triangle-type''windows at the bottom right. At this pointI became a cynic and thought to myself, this photograph can't be perfect can it?

So I moved up and to the left just a bit and stopped at the top-left frame of the leftwindow and still saw more photography art work. Even those lines disappeared behind the huge sculpture, giving a three dimensional aspect there too. None of those lines ''punctured'' the sculpture.

Even that tiny triangle of blue on the top of the sculpture fits, adding a little more something to the picture.

Now I know why the guy in the upper window doesn't have a camera in his hand: he saw you with yours. If you look a little closer at him he just turned his head to the left so you wouldn't notice him. He probably gave his camera to his son or someone else and told them to duck out of sight. :lol:

Finally, I don't know what a professional photographer would say about this picture nor an art critic, but I say keep the camera in your hand at all times, just like a lot of other people here because I've seen some very good stuff.

Again, you looked around the frame quite well before committing yourself.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:32 AM   #7

Ups for the FZ10! and to a great photographer too!

Well taken shots! love the compositions very much!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote