Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:11 AM   #11

Tullio wrote:
Excellent shots, squirl. Really hard to pick a fav. Do you mind posting some of the EXIF data (particularly speed, fstop, ISO, WB and metering mode)? I bought the FZ20 about 3 months ago and although the quality of my photos has improved, I'm far from what you and other people obtain out of your FZ20s. Thanks.

Thanks, Tullio - and everyone else - for the nice comments! i doappreciate the encouraging words! :G

i shot these in "P" mode, but the settings were:

#1 - 1/200 @ f4
#2 - 1/100 @ f2.8
#3 - 1/60 @ f2.8

all were shot at ISO 100, with auto WB and 1-area focus/metering.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:28 PM   #12

Beautiful scenery, masterfully executed.

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:40 PM   #13

I'll tell you guys what. The next time you decide to take pictures of this caliber, would you please bring the location to my area. That's all I'm asking. Thatisn't too much toask of youis it. :-)For those of you in other countries, yes, feel free to do that too. Put it on a boat, C5 Galaxy (aircraft), anything,I don't care, just get it here.

JohnG took some outstanding pictures of golfers. You know what kind of lenses he used! I'll tell you what kind. It was the kind that you use to catch two songbirds dancing in a tree at 300 yds and fill the frame with it. That's the kind he used. :-)

I'm sure glad I came across StevesForums.

Back to JohnG for a second. He lives in my city...with thoses lenses. Can you imagine that. Don't ever let the Akron Beacon Journal photographers know you have them. I'm sure they'll get jealous. You don't work for the Beacon do you.

Just having fun guys.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:20 PM   #14

Everytime I come back to look at these majestic scenes, I still am drawn more to #3, while #2 is second, #3 is definitely a ROCKWELL.

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:12 PM   #15

Saw the number of responses to your post and had to take a look myself. I can see what all the fuss is about. Just beautiful. I dont' have the experience to make a critical comment, but you could have fooled me into thinking these shots were taken with a DSLR. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:30 AM   #16

Thanks for the info., squirl. I was surprised that you use spot metering. I tried that but did not succeed. I found it very difficult to keep the entire image well balanced in terms of exposure. I also noticed that if I shoot in A mode at f5.6, the images come out much darker than when I set it to f4.0. Any idea why? I took 4 pictureson a local beach on a bright sunny day all in A mode, matrix metering and ISO 100. The two f4.0 were nice but the two f5.6 were dark. Since there was plenty of light and the camera was adjusting the shutter speed automatically, I should obtain very similar results, no?!?
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:41 PM   #17

Very nice pictures and to have that sort of scenery must be a joy to behold
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote