Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:49 PM   #11

Doug, Riley

Thanks for the comments but still a long way to go. I do like the colours from the olys, and your right on the reds esp they just seem to pop of the screen and paper but I still prefer the colours from the pana and the sharpness to the images that they produce. I really want to try the Leica D with the E1 but I'm not sure if I can wait so I may ned up with the 14-54 Zukio which isn;t too shabby either but it lacks IS.

Jota, The E500 is a pretty nice camera and one of my friends at work picked one up after trying the Canon 350XT/20D/NikonD50/D70 becuase she liked the size, weight ane build quality compared to the 350XT/D50's at least and she got the twin kit deal at a really good price. Go into a store and compare the camera's and check teh online galleries to see which camera produces the images you like. As its only a couple of weeks until Photokina so I'd say hold off until then as the chances are that Oly will announce an E550 and E1, and if things really get ouit of hand a low end Pana DSLR. You'll either see the E500 2 kit prices fall even further as retailers try to clear stock or pick up an even better newer version DSLR - whethers thats a Canon/Nikon/Oly/Sony or a Pana.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote