Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Default Video Quality G2 vs. GH2?

Hey guys- was wondering aside from the 1080 sized h/d video the GH2 will produce- is there supposed to be an aparent upgrade in image quality of the videos?

I have the G2 and have spent a small fortune on lens adapters, accessories, batteries and a few m4/3 lenses and I'm slightly disappointed in the video quality of the G2. It produces good video quality but not what I'd call great!

I've been researching the Sony NEX series of cameras and the NEX VG10 camcorder and I'm seeing much better video from those cameras and am starting to wonder if I jumped on the wrong platform in going after the Panasonic m4/3 series. I like the form factor of the Panasonic's as well as the DSLR-like appearance but the video quality isn't as good as I had hoped.

I'd be willing to buy the GH2 but I don't want the same level of video quality just in a higher res of 1080- I'm looking for more latitude and better low-light video performance as well as sharper video- are my expectations too high for the GH2?
(I'd like it to match the NEX series if possible~~)
SteveNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:38 AM   #2

I recently upgraded my G2 to a GH2 and the quality of video has markedly improved. Low light is much,much cleaner. You can set exact aperture,shutter speed and ISO settings for video. Banding is less severe although you can still see some under flourscent. I'm glad I made the switch.
bamboopictures is offline   Reply With Quote