Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:14 PM   #1

Default Bag for G1 Kit

I picked up a Tamrac Digital Zoom 2 bag for my G1. I had this bag with my Oly E-PL1 and it's perfect for the camera body with kit lens attached, with the 20mm pancake lens below it at the bottom of the bag. There are also pockets for an extra memory card, battery and lens cloth. But not much more than that.

The bag described above will probably handle more than 50 percent of my field needs with this camera. But does anyone have a bag suggestion if I were to eventually pick up the 45-200mm telezoom and maybe also Panasonic's small accessory flash unit?

I'm sure I'll occasionally want to take the whole kit and I'd like the bag to hold everything described above - but still be compact enough to not undermine the size advantage of micro four thirds.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:10 PM   #2

I'm very happy with the Lowepro Nova 160AW which I think suits the G-series perfectly - I carry my GH1 with 14-140 kit lens, 20mm prime, Canon FD 70-210 (longer than 45-200 but similar girth) and now my Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 too. Depending on where I'm off too, I'll stick the mains charger, cord and spare battery in the front pocket. The all-weather cover is practical and neatly implemented, plus it works

I'm pretty sure the 160AW would be the perfect neat solution for the G1, kit lens, 45-200 and FL360 (plus charger, battery and spare cards of course). I posted some pics of the bag kitted out over in a post on DPreview which you can read here.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by mrmacmusic; Oct 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM.
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:53 PM   #3

Thanks, Mr. Mac... that looks dang near perfect!
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:05 PM   #4

Glad to help

Best thing I find, is that I can store the camera in the bag with either the 14-140, 20mm or 90mm macro fitted (or my FD 50mm if I'm taking that instead) and still store the other lenses safely in the bag. It's a neat fit, but I'm OK with that. The 14-140 just fits front-to-back on it's side in my middle compartment leaving room for the GH1 with pancake on top too (I use the padded bag for the 20mm to protect the zoom when used in this configuration). Only thing is the GH1 with 70-210 (and mount adaptor) won't fit in the bag alongside the other glass, so I need to unmount and store that lens. Again, for the sake of a compact bag, I'm OK with that, plus the 45-200 that you have is a bit smaller

Definitely a bag worth checking out IMHO, perhaps even the 170AW which is a touch bigger.
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote