Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:29 AM   #1
Default Where do I find GH2 FirmWare-update for an CA-ridden digital Oly-lens?

Hi folks!

I am the owner of a GH2 and not so happy anymore, after I bought a used Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL 11 - 22mm f/2,8 - 3,5 in very good condition - which I connected to my GH2 with the original Four Thirds Adapter MMF-2.
All very nice and fine. Everything works, AF and aperture-functions and so on.

Name:  single_h12_02_13_0068_PortrSmooth2_458x680_90%.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  74.7 KB

Before I bought this lens, I studied the lens-tests* that I could find on the Net and thought it would be fine for my landscape-photography. After two days of "testing" this combo at home I find that there is much too much CA Chromatic Aberration (green and purple) all over the place.

I have never seen so much CA (being used to lenses from Nikon and Panasonic, which "sort out" any CA problem in their FirmWare (I think...?). So I thought I would try and update the OLY-lense's FirmWare maybe this would help.

From within the right download-page from Panasonic I followed the appropriate link to the "OLYMPUS Lenses firm update for Panasonic camera body":

But to my surprise i CANNOT find the Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL 11 - 22mm f/2,8 - 3,5 lens anywhere on this page!

Anybody has an idea or suggestion in this respect?

And, yes - I checked that my GH2 has the latest FirmWare version 1.1 from 2011/12/7 - so the CA cannot be the camera.

*In this test (link above) the readers review rating for this lens was very good. It stated amongst other things, that: "Superb sharpness, CA, distortion; fast, wide; dust and splash-proof; vast DOF with Four-Thirds"

Thank you for your thoughts on this!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Mar 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:45 PM   #2

The Olympus site doesn't have a firmware upgrade, so I wouldn't think that Panasonic has one either.

Maybe you got a bad copy. Otherwise, I don't know much more.

G2 + a bunch of lenses
Dan Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:30 AM   #3

Thank you Dan Ka. I appreciate your comments her.
No. Panasonic doesnt have on either, they just link you to a Olympus-site that has all these firmware updates. Like this one here: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...olylens.cfm#zd

But the problem here is that this particular lens is not on the list.

Thanks again, Dan Ka!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote