Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:20 AM   #11

Although I haven't used it lately ULead Cool 360 was the first program I used. It had some good features that even some of the best stitching programs lack. I had better luck with standard 35mm lens settings with cool 3d, the wide angle lenses gave me a hard time "3 years ago" They mave upgraded their lens settings by now. The features I liked best were the ability to adjust color, brightness & contrast on the fly just before the stitching began. It also is one of the cheaper programs with the ability to output Quicktime Mov files. It also had a screen saver export setting that was fun.

The next stitching program I tried was Photovista "Now owned by Roxio". I still use Photovista to this day and have never been disappointed with the results. They have lots of good lens settings and can even stitch highly distorted images such as you may find with full frame fisheye lenses. I have a couple other high end programs I use specifically for Quicktime VR production but as far as the stitching process I still use Photovista first for the stitched jpg creation but import the finished panoramas into VR ToolBox for my finished QTVR files.

You can try Photovista for free for about 60 days I think. If you're just after the image and don't need Quicktime VR functionality I think this is the easiest way to go.

Examples

Here's a set of 5 full screen QTVR panoramas shot the morning after the blackout. 2 copies of each location, one high resolution at about 700k each, and one low resolution at about 230k each.

The morning after the blackout from the Canadian side of the falls.

The Morning After 2
The Morning After 2-Low
The Morning After 3
The Morning After 3-Low
The Morning After 4
The Morning After 4-Low
The Morning After 5
The Morning After 5-Low[/code]
Jim LaGraff is offline   Reply With Quote