Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:28 AM   #1

Default Norwegian shores - coastline near where I live - II

Every time I'm in here in this forum, I kind of 'blush' when I see my last entry her - Norwegian shores - coastline near where I live - from April 26th this year - where I posted this horrible overcooked HDR and Panorama-stich.

Having been at the same shooting site a week ago, I thought I'll have to rectify my 'going-overboard'-panorama with a new one, a bit closer to the truth....

Well, here it is - 2 of them actually:

This is a 2-exposure-stitch - well, actually it has 6 exposures involved, since it is a HDR as well as a panorama.

For those who are interested, this HDR has been rendered in Photomatix Pro, while the 3-stitch below was done in Dynamic-Photo HDR.

And here we have a 3-exposure stitch (involving no less than 9 exposures alltoghether, beeing a HDR).

For those with smaller monitor resolution:

The stitching-software I used was: ArcSoft Panorama Maker 4 (version 4.2.59).

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 19, 2009 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Editing out spelling errors..... :o/
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:34 AM   #2

Impressive
gschaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Super Moderator

i tried replying to this multiple times yesterday. actually many posts, but i could not submit anything yesterday for some reason. but now that its working.

i really love this shot walter. its a very nice composition that suits the pano aspect-ratio quite well. i really like the dynamic-photo hdr. it looks more natural and has less artifacting, and i think the exposure is much better.

did you stitch and then merge to hdr. or did you merge hdr and then stitch. when i did my lil hdr-pano, i had more luck doing the hdr with exact same parameters and then stitching later.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:18 PM   #4

Walter - great stuff again - as usual. I prefer the first version myself for composition but both are great.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschaps View Post
Impressive
Thanks, gschaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
...i really like the dynamic-photo hdr. it looks more natural and has less artifacting, and i think the exposure is much better.

did you stitch and then merge to hdr. or did you merge hdr and then stitch...
Thank you Hards80 - appreciate the kind words!
Dynamic's rendering is more powerful, but gives more noise in det final stitch (watersurface).
First the HDR and then the stitch - I don't think it will work the other way round, since the stitching-software takes away the seams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Walter - great stuff again - as usual. I prefer the first version myself for composition but both are great.
JohnG - Thank you for your nice comments!
I realize now that in the second stitch, the one with the 3 exposures, my tripod was not leveled right, giving the whole scene a 'banana-bend'...

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote