Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:10 AM   #1

Default Experience with 3DVista? Best software?

Hello -

I am a newbie that owns a marketing company and would like to add virtual tours to my services. I recently purchased a Canon Rebel XSI, Sigma 10mm-20mm wide angle lens, tripod and Panasaurus rotator.

I have researched different virtual tour software and was very impressed with 3DVista! I looked into Tourweaver but it doesnt seem as user friendly, especially for a beginner. Anyone have any experience or opinions about 3DVista and/or tips for a successful, professional virtual tour?

Thanks!

Doug
thrivevt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2

I've tried out a couple of different Panorama stitching programs from Panorama studio, ptgui, tourweaver and Stitcher Unlimited. So far the best and simplest to use as well as probably the smartest program of all the Panorama programs is Stitcher Unlimited.

I have a Panosaurus also, My only complaint about it is its made mostly out of wood and because of that its a bit flexible. It tilts a bit with my D90 nikkor 12-24 f4 combo. Good thing Stitcher lets you set the horizon automatically or manually to correct this tilt.
Zensokustudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:55 AM   #3

I have spent a long time experimenting with different software, and find ptgui to be the most resiliant when it comes to stitching the panoramas. For tour building its really a matter of taste, I tried a few before getting to grips with tourweaver, its pretty easy to use but also quite pricy. You can check out my tours at http://liontreevirtualtours.com if you would like to see the kind of functionality it provides.
charlestupman is offline   Reply With Quote