Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Nov 26, 2003, 5:11 AM   #1

Default Epson 890 and roll-feed paper

I've posted this message in both the 'panoramas' and 'inkjet printers' forums.

I've been very pleased with the panoramas (and other large prints) that I've produced, but displaying them on paper has been a bit of a pain. I've been printing them on 6 or more full A4 (8" x 11") sheets, using my HP710C printer. This is the only job for which I use Ulead Photo Express. It has a good 'poster' printing facility, which prints crop marks etc on the pages. Mounting &/or framing the pages alongside each other is a very slow & difficult business(if I do it) or very expensive (if I pay a shop).

I realised that a roll-feed printer would perhaps print a long thin print (say 8"x40") in one go, if the software allowed it. Astonishingly, my local camera shop has a few Epson 890 left-over printers for 80 ukpounds. They come with a roll feed adapter, and have a picture on the box showing a string of 6x4 prints emerging on a long strip. I note that it got very good reviews a couple of years ago.

Has anyone any experience of using roll-feed inkjet paper? More specifically, does anyone know if the Epson 890 has drivers or software that accommodate big files for big images?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:02 AM   #2

I have experience with the Epson 1270, an older wide format printer. In fact I'm looking at a 13 inch x 9.5 foot panorama in my cubicle. It is a single continuous piece of paper. Printing panoramas up to the 44 inch page limit of the print driver is relatively easy. Beyond that gets tricky. I wrote a message describing how I did it. Here is the link.
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=11914
The only thing I can add is that Corel Draw 11 has the same problem as earlier releases, though I did manage to use it for the panaram I have here at work.

Ken
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote