Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:14 PM   #1

Default Reduce width of Panormic photo

I have four photos of a group taken at our reunion. Out of the camera, a Cannon Rebel T1i, Photo show shows them as 66" w and 44" high. The people are 25" and that looks ok. The problem shows up when I stitch them together I get a photo that is 66"w 17" and the peopl are 10". I would like to get people at 10" tall on a 36" long 15 inch tall paper. I a do not care about the background. Any way to do that?
Dragonflyoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:20 PM   #2

If you reduce the 66" paper to fit on 36" paper thats almost 50%. If your people are 10" high at the 66" size then they will have to be about 5" high at the 50% reduction. Any change to this and that means distorting the people so they are tall and skinny.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflyoh2 View Post
I have four photos of a group taken at our reunion. Out of the camera, a Cannon Rebel T1i, Photo show shows them as 66" w and 44" high. The people are 25" and that looks ok. The problem shows up when I stitch them together I get a photo that is 66"w 17" and the peopl are 10". I would like to get people at 10" tall on a 36" long 15 inch tall paper. I a do not care about the background. Any way to do that?
Is there a reason you are not just cropping the vertical and leaving the horizontal at 66"?
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:23 PM   #4

Thanks for the information. What I was trying for was a 36" wide 13" tall photo. I stitched two sets of two photos and then placed the one set behind the other. Close to 10 inch tall people and all it took was a day or so with photoshop. I have learned my lesson, I shall place the people 4 deep rather than 2 deep and it will make life much easier.
Dragonflyoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflyoh2 View Post
... it took was a day or so with photoshop. I have learned my lesson, ...
Much easier to get it right in the camera instead of having to mess with it for a day or two. Almost always better as well.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote