Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Jul 28, 2004, 5:30 PM   #1

So you got your panaramic ready to print . Before I wast money on the wrong size paper can someone advise me, I have an Epson Photo 900 printer but the only roll paper available is 4" (100mm) wide is this the norm in size for home users who want to have a go at panaramic photo's or should I dive in for a better printer with wider paper options if there is one available.

Thanks.
russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2004, 7:07 PM   #2

If you need other options, take a look at ezprints.com. They offer pano prints in 6" and 12" size papers. They will print them as long as your photo is.

http://www.ezprints.com/ezdirect/pro...?Type=Panorama

Hope this helps a little.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:18 PM   #3

I looked at this site while wanting to print out my Pano of Duluth. I figured out that at 12" wide that pano would span 13 feet long!!! Time to get out the woodworking tools and get working on a custom frame
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:20 PM   #4

choeschen hit the nail on the head describing the problem with printing wide panoramas: what do you do with them once you have them? I tend to shoot panos either for the web where aspect ratio doesn't matter, or shoot them at 4:10 for cheap Wal*Mart prints.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:25 PM   #5

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
choeschen hit the nail on the head describing the problem with printing wide panoramas: what do you do with them once you have them? I tend to shoot panos either for the web where aspect ratio doesn't matter, or shoot them at 4:10 for cheap Wal*Mart prints.
Use them as wallpaper border? :lol:

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 7:17 AM   #6

So reading between the lines, this kind of photo printing is really just for the fun of doing it.I have seen it on the web & must say some of the prints are excellent.

Thank You all for your input.

:angry:
russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 10:08 AM   #7

I have a 9 1/2 foot by 13 inch panorama of San Francisco Bay in my cube here at work. I've left it unframed. Exposing $40 worth of paper and ink to the air is not the greatest thing to do, but even if it didn't need to wrap around a corner, a custom frame of that size would be very expensive.

Ken
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:00 PM   #8

russellsnr2 wrote:
Quote:
I have an Epson Photo 900 printer but the only roll paper available is 4" (100mm) wide
Just before Christmas Wrexham cameras(www.wrexcam.com) orderedthe follwing for me to use in the roll feederof my end-of-line Epson Stylus Photo 890...

Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, 210mm x 10m, 1 roll (part No. S041377).

I*think* it was a bit over £20, i.e., cheaper than buying the same amount in single sheets.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 6:07 AM   #9

I recently bought the Epson r800 printer and part of the reason that made me go for this over the cheaper-inked Canon i990 was its ability to use Roll Paper.

I have also ordered the 210mm x 10m roll Premium Glossy PP from Amazon and it cost £30. Well that is to say it will cost £30 when Amazon get round to re-stocking this item and shipping it out to me.

So hopefully when this arrives I'll be able to make print-outs of some of the Panoramas I've taken. Though it may bankrupt me in the price of ink.......
redundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 9:38 PM   #10

russellsnr2 wrote:
Quote:
this kind of photo printing is really just for the fun of doing it.
You can also print a mosaic of A4 sheets, and mount them as a single large image. At the viewing distances for large prints, including panoramas, it's difficult to see the joins if you're careful. I acquired Ulead Photo Express as a freebie with some scanner or other, and the only thing I use it for is its excellent 'poster' printing facility.This allows you easily to specify a print sizeand have it generate a set of as many A4 sheets as you want with overlaps and crop marks for trimming, if desired.

I have a large framed example hanging on the chimney breast in our living room, and a (now faded) local panorama made of eight side-by-side portrait format A4 sheets on the landing.

Give it a try!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote