Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:34 AM   #11

Just downloaded the pano software. Man this is soooo much better than PS. Real easy to understand also. Here is a quick one of Billings, MT, stiched together 5 (8mp) images at 100%. Took about 15 minutes to render. Sorry for the quality but had to reduce the size using pix resizer to be able to post it here. TDT
Attached Images

tim da tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 1:44 PM   #12

I read this post a few days ago, downloaded the software and...it's amazing!!! Thank you so much for suggesting it! I have paid good money for panorama stitching software and this little app puts the rest to shame! I sincerely hope it will move up to a commercial version, would love to be able to save my settings and name my files, but for now...AutoStitch rocks!!! BTW, you can change the compression settings...it just doesn't "stick" for the next launch.
Aristillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:30 PM   #13

I have just started getting into panoramic stuff and i downloaded autostitch. I like it a lot. We have a Canon and a Minolta digital camera. I never bothered using thestitching software those come with. From the sound of it, autostitch is tons better right?
rclayton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:55 AM   #14

rclayton17 wrote:
Quote:
I have just started getting into panoramic stuff and i downloaded autostitch. I like it a lot. We have a Canon and a Minolta digital camera. I never bothered using thestitching software those come with. From the sound of it, autostitch is tons better right?

I use the Canon stitcher software it's dead easy to use and I think it's excellent can't say anything about the autostitcher not used it but take a look here as we've posted samples of the different types.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:28 AM   #15

I have just downloaded Autostitch 1.0.0.1.

I already had the same version, downloaded 3 months ago, but the present one althoughwith the same version number has a larger .exe file...

I use AS when Panorama Maker 3 is not effective, when some blending of skies is needed owing not to have locked AE or when the complexity of PTAssembler is not necessary.

Panoramas are a great fun and there is at least one in every one of my recent FZ20 and A300 photo galleries here (I name the images as e.g. "P1020091-099" to mean that it's a 9 pics pano)

http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm

Narmer

PS a few here:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=69

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 1:30 PM   #16

Thanks for the link Jim, I`ve tried other programs but encountered problems, this works well for me.

TommysDad

Lake Windermere ,Lake District UK

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 10:27 PM   #17

I think I'm going to love this program. It's a little slow. (ok, really slow) but the results are a darned sight better than what I have achieved stitching by hand. (a little left-over from my student days; I did a lot of stitching by hand... and, no that's not a euphemism :-)) I'll post some results when I've worked out the bugs.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 11:37 AM   #18

I must agree...Thanks Jim! This is a very simple program, and I've got pretty good results with it so far..
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:26 AM   #19

For me, the true test of a panorama stitching program is how well it does.

I had been happy enough with Canon's software until I tried to stitch this scene. This is not the original with the "ghosts" but the updated version.

the original had "ghost" headstones where at a certain point back a paralex (sp) problem happened.

So I went back to my old standard of PanoTools and PTAssembler (the last free version). I had fully expected to have to reshoot the images to get the scene. Not likely as PanoTools and PTAssembler did the job very nicely.

Here is a larger version: http://www.pbase.com/tonyk/image/43423848
TonyKInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:11 PM   #20

I'm pretty impressed with AutoStitch. I did this 3-shot pano, then framed it in Corel PhotoPaint. Not a particularly appealing scene, but it shows off AutoStitch's abilities. Oh, sharpened a bit, too.

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote