Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:04 AM   #41

Autostitch is absolutely amazing. I had a 43 picture panoramic that after about 20 hours stitching by hand in photoshop still didn't look right. Autostitch had it stitched in about 15 minutes (these were 3-4MB files, 43 of them) and it is absolutely seamless. Once I make a smaller version I'll post it. Only bummer is there's still compression. Largest file size I've gotten is around 25MB from it.
SpeedyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:23 AM   #42

SpeedyManiac wrote:
Quote:
seamless. Once I make a smaller version I'll post it. Only bummer is there's still compression. Largest file size I've gotten is around 25MB from it.
My 43 image stitch (<2MP each image) turned out to be ~35MB; in the settings there is a jpg compression setting on the bottom right hand corner of the settings window - you can always try bumping that up to 100%
core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:30 PM   #43

Newbie here, just downloaded and ran a pano on autostitch - Don't do that many panos and shot it from right to left, which the Camedia 4.10 no pro doesn't deal with all that well. Autostitch did a great job with it; I'm very pleased, thanks! (Didn't really want to climb up Watchman again tomorrow at daybreak, lol).

tanja39
Attached Images

tanja39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:32 PM   #44

Nice! Thanks for sharing ...
core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 9:35 PM   #45

Just download the program and 10min later this is what I got, This program is great

cnip288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:36 PM   #46

I'm still messing arround with AS. Here is one taken this afternoon. I love the ghost SUV. BTW I really need to find a new image resizing PG.
Attached Images

tim da tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:51 AM   #47

some tips to pano newbies, although I've seen some amazing freehand AE/AF pano's
1. avoid too much contrast between shadow area's and bright lights. Yes there are those of us who make 360 multirows in bright sunlight with perfect dark area's but that requires a lot of skills and experience.
2. use a pano head that corrects parallax by rotating the camera around the entry pupil/nodal point of the lens, my favorite is the nodal ninja (nodalninja.com), it is light weight, small, easy to use and cheap
3.take care of enough overlap beteen pictures
4. use a heavy tripod
5.personally I would never use AF or AE for pano pics
6.most pano scenes deserve a small aperture to get large depth of field.
maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:03 PM   #48

One at a time or in clusters by holding down Ctrl makes no difference. I just started using autostitch and think it's great. Had that problem plus a box would come up saying no matchs when I was doing a quick indoor pano at my girl friends house. The problem was due to the pictures not having any overlap.

Many people are becoming interested in autostitch and pano pictures at the Kodak forum (not the Kodak digital slr forum)

Visiting is still free:-)

BiLL2468

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote