Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:00 PM   #1

Hey,

Im trying to use panotools, and i've never done so before. Im trying to stitch 4 fisheye photographs and i get the errors: "Error opening Scriptfile" AND "Could not load Scriptfile" when i run the stitcher (after i have selected a name for my output file and hit "save as")

WHat should i try to do,

Thanks

Marius Jonsson
Marius Jonsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:29 PM   #2

Doesyour project folder contain spaces like "My Documents\pano tools"?

Copy the project to one without spaces and try again. Like "c:\panoproject"
Jurgen Eidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 9:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the fast reply, my project path did consist of letters numbers and spaces, now the path is c:\panorama\hri\brightest my four fisheye jpgs are named a.jpg b.jpg etc.. i still get the same error stitching after running the optimizer

Please help me further
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:34 PM   #4

would be great if someone knew how to handle this issue!
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:12 AM   #5

I don't think you are using the panotools directly. Creating the scriptfiles is not too difficult, but using a helper like PTgui or PTassembler makes life much easier.

I'm using panotools from the early beginning and also run into severalproblems but without your environment its rather difficult to give a correct answer.

Did you looked at the website of your helper tool?
Jurgen Eidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:39 AM   #6

I don't recall seeing the kind of error that Marius is describing, but like Jurgen I have seen all kinds of strange errors show up using PT/PTGui. The only solution I have to offer is to start the stitching process over. Most often when I see errors it happens when I am trying to do to many things at the same time, e.g., stitch, perspective correction (horizontal and verical), and lens correction.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:54 AM   #7

Oh, i didnt know.. i was using panotools directly, but im trying to figure things out with PT assembler now in their forum, thanks a lot anyway

PTAssmebler URL: http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/view...?p=11315#11315
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:51 AM   #8

Good day,

I am having the same problem as the original post, but know that the stitch should work within ptpicker. I have found the question posted on several forums but no real answers without another application involved. I am familiar with changing the script and everything is fine there. I tried several updated and different .dll files(yes, I am running Windows) in different folders and have not found a solution. Any clues or advice on a better way. Thanks, and looking forward to the future forum experiences.
-Jeff

swimmingwithdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:40 PM   #9

I use PTGui a lot for stitching all types of images, including fisheyes. I don't have any problems with the generated Pano Tools scripts at all. These days, PTGui is very reliable - much more so than the free Hugin (Windows version, that is). I would strongly recommend you try PTGui, though the 30-day trial version does not support lenses with a field of view greater than 110 degrees.
panostar is offline   Reply With Quote