Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:55 PM   #1

I don't know if this has been discussed before. I'm looking for where the nodal point is located on a Canon 300D with a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:25 AM   #2

Unless you have a panorama head for your tripod, you don't need to know exactly where the nodal point is. If you do have a pano head, you can figure it out yourself: see the "lamp post test" at http://www.panoguide.com/howto/panor...p_panohead.jsp

As a starting point, figure that the nodal point is about half way between the front of the lens and the back of the camera.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:12 AM   #3

Thanks for the link Bill. I don't have a pano head. With my last camera, 990 with a Nikon fisheye, I put a plate with the proper offset on top of my tripod and bolted the camera to it. It worked fairly well. I'm doing interior panos, the closer the subject is to the camera the more critical that the lens spins on it's true axis.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote