Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:42 AM   #1

Some Panoramas (Lumix FZ20, Canon A300)
Click them for larger image

I have some more but older and less well done.
http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm

Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:11 PM   #2

Great work, and superb use of the wide format without going overboard.

Question -- you appear to have corrected any perspective issues with the verticals. I am struggling a bit with this and was wondering what your methods were.

You can see what I am talking about here on this work output of a lighthouse in North Carolina (US):

http://ausoleil.org/photos/hatteras_...e_sunset_p.jpg

(ignore the dust bunnies, etc., they are to be cleaned off of the PSD files when final sharpening and levels are achieved.)
ausoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:42 PM   #3

Great Panorama.

It doesn't look bad at all: in my second image I forgot to adjust the pole on the extreme right end, which owing to the lens distortion is very bent inward.

There are few issues like these ones with panos of distant objects, while they get more numerous when shooting at closer things.

One could use Photoshop (5-7, CS) Skew or perspective function (EDIT>"Free Transform") which corrects selected things' perspective, or the PTAssembler more complex functions inherited from the panotools plugins, which can also 'correct' fisheye shots.

However I don't use to correct much, although I have recently made a mosaic-pano of a chirch fa├žade which was very hard to assemble, and I had to clone some parts.

In your pic there is a slightly brightier vertical portion of the sky right of the lighthouse: I use to clone up on these things when sky is not well blended, owing to the fact that in older panos I used a worse prog than the ones I mentioned and also a cam without Manual exp ...

Francesco
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:04 AM   #4

Nice shot~!
One question - how to take panoramic shot with FZ20? What setting to use and how to do it?

After the shot, how to use Photoshop CS to stitch the photos?
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 5:02 PM   #5

Cheewoi: unlike most of Canon cams which have a feature for panos, with FZ20 it's all a matter of being capable to take subsequent shots (both in horizontal and in vertical if not in checkboard way) without turning the camera other than in theangle in which the panorama develops.

Then use programs like Autostitch, Pano Tools, Panorama Maker, and more... they do all the job (or most of it) by themselves although sometimes some adjustments areneeded