Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:02 AM   #1

Hi,

This is my first post to the forum as I'm just about to upgrade my Ixus 500 to a EOS350. My question isn't about the camera but what software to you use to stitch photos together to make up panoramic pictures. Does this choice change if it's a 360 decree picture or just a large composite image?

Thanks

Bob

bob_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 11:25 PM   #2

I use photoshop, but I do it manually, so I can get it exactly like I want it. I do think that PS has a panorama feature, maybe the newer versions CS or CS2.

A good photo editor is a phototographers best friend. The best being photoshop.
roguenroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3

Attached pano was generated with Arc-Soft Panorama Maker which was included software with an Epson printer. It is of the San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery, Iam a member of the VFW Honor Guard for militay funerals one day a month. Seven photos were used taken from three different positions and cover about 270-300 degrees, there is no spot giving a view of the entire cemetery. these photos were taken with a Nikon 995 withno thought of making a panorama so its 99% luck. I have tried several times with a DSLR and a KM A-200 and never got anything near as good.
Attached Images

carrollhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:31 AM   #4

I use either Canon's software or PanoTools with PTAssembler (the last free version). If Canon's software works, I don't go for the heavier guns. In the linked image, Canon's software had problems with the gravestones. PanoTools/PTAssembler got it right the first time.

http://www.pbase.com/tonyk/image/43423848
TonyKInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote