Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1

I tried this autostitch.exe but found that it took far too long for me! I don't really have a need for it.

How do I remove from my computer? There is no listing on the Add/Remove section and no uninstall program with it.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:10 AM   #2

If it isn't causing problems I wouldn't mess with it. You can remove the shortcuts in the start menu if they are bothering you. You might want to Start>Run>msconfig and make sure nothing is in the startup. If the program doesn't run anything on startup it is inert and no more problem or space than a single JPG file from your camera.

As a newly installed program it doesn't likely contain any files that more recently installed programs are using, so you would be very unlikely to do any harm by deleting the folder in Program Files and doing a search in the registry for entries.

There are uninstaller programs you can download a free trial of that will remove the program and make a backup of the uninstall. If you have a problem you can just restore it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:24 PM   #3

Slipe,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks very much for your suggestions. I think I'll
go with your initial one and leave alone. I have yet to allow the program to finish
a stitch and had to use Cntl-alt-del to get it to shut down. As you say, it won't
do any harm to leave. Thanks again.

picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:27 PM   #4

It downloaded as a zip folder, no installation - looks to me like a standalone program, so there's nothing to uninstall (just delete the folder that you unziped to).
core is offline   Reply With Quote