Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:05 PM   #1

So you spent the time to take 25 shots to make that awsome panorama, and stitched them together...now what? Where can you have them printed now? Every online site I've seen only prints to standard sizes. Anyone got any tips?
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:48 PM   #2

I use an Epson 2200 printer which accomodates roll paper up to 13 inches and is 32 feet long. Don't know about larger print sources.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:39 PM   #3

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
I use an Epson 2200 printer which accomodates roll paper up to 13 inches and is 32 feet long. Don't know about larger print sources.
I haven't really explored this much myself, but my brother-in-law gets his panoramas printed at www.shutterfly.com. They do printssizes up to 20" x 30". Some more professional labs like www.skylabproimaging.commay be able todo larger custom sizes.

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:35 AM   #4

For the more modest prints, several places (Wall*Mart, K-Mart,...) will print 4x10" panos for about US$0.50.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:27 AM   #5

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
For the more modest prints, several places (Wall*Mart, K-Mart,...) will print 4x10" panos for about US$0.50.
From digital files? I knew I could get them from film, but I haven't seen any of these places offering them from digital files.

I did find that Adorama online will print 4x12 for 70 cents, which isn't bad. But that's all I've been able to find. Most of my searches have been people printing the panos on large paper and cutting them down, like Tom suggested.....but that's pretty expensive.....or people printing them themselves as Walter suggested, but I'm not interested in doing that either. I'd rather pay someone, it's cheaper, easier and I like the quality better coming from a professional shop.

Basically, I figured I could take them to a just about any high end photo pinter and get large prints for a lot of money. I was looking for someone doing the smaller prints for cheap. I think I'll give Adorama a shot and see how that works out. They certainly do have a wide selection of print sizes.

Thanks everyone!
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:18 PM   #6

You aren't the only one who hasn't noticed that many of the cheap places can do 4x10" prints from digital. About a quarter of the time I take a CD in and ask for that size, I get either a blank look or a "we don't do that." response. When they wistle out someone from behind the machine, it turns out to be no problem if they know how to do it.

From my small sampling, any place that does 4x10" from APS can do them from digital.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:59 AM   #7

I am using an Epson 1800 and a 1290 before that, both A3+. On both the maximum length I can print is 99 cm.

I am using custom paper size and roll feed banner mode. But if I select anything larger than 9999 (times 0.01cm) I get an error message, or the printer just sits idle.

I now print at A4 x 80cm. It fits perfectly some readily available frames and is a superb size for the domestic environment. But I have some A3+ roll paper and really want to print some very large panos, mainly just to show off, so can you please help.

Canon 5D. File sizes 175 Mb are not uncommon.

Thanx
liningiv is offline   Reply With Quote