Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Panorama / Stitching

Old Nov 19, 2005, 3:14 PM   #1

I newly use AutoStich for making panoramas. It's amazing to see how fast and accurate this free program works. However, when I open the just made panorama in PhotoShop and go to 'Image' - 'Image size', the resolution of the image is 72 ppi. Does anybody know how the resolution can be changed in 'AutoStitch'?

Thanks for thinking about my problem.

Gerard, The Neteherlands.
Gerard Koning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:33 PM   #2

What was the resolution of the single pics you stitched together? Not much higher I suppose...

Anyway - I don't know how to change the resolution in Autostitch - why not use PS for that? Any special reason?
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 2:48 PM   #3

The resolution of the originals is 300 ppi. I began to use it because it can stitch a panorama that PT-Ass. cannot.
Gerard Koning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 8:16 PM   #4

Doesn't matter what the ppi is until you print - then it is used by some programs to determinethe physical size. Of no use whatsoever until you print. Ignore it exept (possibly) when condering printing.

Mostgood printing routines alow you to specify the print size and it does the adjustment of ppi as well as talking to your printer - Qimage is good, and Wal*Co will do the adjustment if you take them out.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:02 PM   #5

I think you just change the output to maximum resolution before you open the images.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:03 PM   #6

Gerald,

When you open Autostitch, click on the OPTIONS tab at the top and change the image size option to 50% or higher.

It takes a little longer to stitch with these options, but the file size is much bigger. I usually use 75% or 100% if I plan on printing.
Brian Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:27 AM   #7

I just printed out and image at 10x20" from an autostitch picture. It looks as sharp as film ever has, and I was pushing the "acceptable pixels/inch" ratio. Autostitch is a wonderful program. Just make sure you set the JPEG quality to 100 and the size to 100% if you plan on printing.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:30 AM   #8

I have tested quite a few panorama programs, but the tiny Autostich is clearly the best. The only thing I don't like about it is memory usage. Even with 512 MB the PC gets into troubles if you stich together many, say 10, pics with high output resolution.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote