Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:32 PM   #1

I understand its a rebadged Tamron lens from what I am finding. Thinking about it for a general walking around lens when I 'm unable to take the other lens? So how bad can it be - its down in the pawn shop. Appears to be in good condition.....

Any opinions @ $50?
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:48 AM   #2

I would say buy it.

Been after one of these for a while. Over here they are still going for £50+ which is over $100.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:05 AM   #3

I have the sigma 28-200mm. It is my all purpose lens. For $50.00 grab it! If you don't like after you use it for awhile you can always eBay it...:G

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:45 AM   #4

Yeah that is a bargain..... paid 2x plus some more for my refurb very similar Tamron 28-200mm I am quite happy with... VS the HORRID SIGMA 28-300mm (and again the inexpensive common lens same specs between them so similar likely Tam 28-300mm would be too)

7x is upper limit cheap doable..... 10x is just pushing things too much especially when talking being wide AND long tele. And actual I try to keep my 28-200mm tam just under 200.... While they have much improved in recent years, you still don't want to really push any inexpensive zoom to its absolute limit.

It is actually a rebadged Tam.... should be fine.... (within criteria of cost vs IQ) doubt you will be disappointed.... but when buying it take your cam and give it a workout to be sure all is functional
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote