Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:13 AM   #11

Hi Jack,

Pretty impressive! SLPOSdb rates this lens with (**) so the reputation is that it's very sharp.

I was surprised to see the weight listed as about .72 Kg. Is that really true? If so, that should help considerably with the handling, tho it is really big at @ 13 in. long.

It will be interesting to see how well this big guy renders smallish details -- look forward to seeing more soon.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:28 AM   #12

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack,

Pretty impressive! SLPOSdb rates this lens with (**) so the reputation is that it's very sharp.

I was surprised to see the weight listed as about .72 Kg. Is that really true? If so, that should help considerably with the handling, tho it is really big at @ 13 in. long.

It will be interesting to see how well this big guy renders smallish details -- look forward to seeing more soon.

Scott
Hi Scott,
Thanks for your comments, yes it's a very light lens for it's size I was very surprised, to me it's a very basic cheaply made lens ... I don't think there's much glass in it, could be as low as just 2 elements, that's how it appears, though very difficult to tell without stripping it down completely, and there is a suggestion in the thread below that the rear element is plastic .... again difficult to tell, as it deep set in the tube and not to easy to get at. I had hoped to try more shots today, but weather has kiboshed that, just above freezing intermittent sleet and rain + high winds, things will have to wait. ... Jack.

http://olympuszuiko.wordpress.com/20...e-vivitar-etc/
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:28 AM   #13

Hi guys - on the strength of the comments in this column I bough one to use with my EOS 350D!! Can anyone offer suggestions on exposure settings? It's so long since I used manual lenses, neveron an automatic camera, soit allseems a bit like trial and error.

I thought I could use Manual on the EOS, or even shutter priority, but I onlygetthe shutter speed up in the display - as it can't connect to the lens it doesn't even recommend aperture... any ideas?
Julians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:32 AM   #14

julian,
you'll probably need to ask the canon folks in the canon forum about this as most here don't have a clue about canon.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote