Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 6, 2008, 9:41 PM   #21

Since you mention portrait work - you might want to save up and get the FA77mm 1.8 Limited. It's not cheap - B&H pricing is $679. I got a chance to play with it a bit when the Pentax rep was at my local camera store, and I sure love it. I have the DA*50-135 so I really don't need the 77 Limited, but I want it anyway. The FA 50mm 1.4 is a much cheaper option for a fast lens and is an excellent lens, but there's just something intangeable about pictures with the 77 Limited that makes it really outstanding (just my opinion).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:49 PM   #22

If you like portraits ( I saw some of your lovely daughter ) I would recommend getting kit lens + FA 50mm, or just getting a fast tele, like Tamron 28-75 or the soon to arrive Tamron 17-50.

And definitely get an external flash with bounce and swivel head, that's essential often.
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:00 AM   #23

Thank you, my friends, for sharing your experience about lenses..

All my experience in photography doesn't help when the matter comes to lenses.. Since I have never had a dSLR.. I have tried Olympus OM10 though with a few nice lenses.. but just tried, because it is too expensive to use it for learning as you cannot get an instant preview of images.

I ll take my final decision after I ll read all the possible info available to me. And your help here is really appreciated. The experience is what really matters.

Have a great weekend! Thanks again!

DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote