Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:49 AM   #1

Hi Guys,

Finally I have decided to go for Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 DG APO Macro for my Pentax K100D Super. I was browsing online to get a better deal and found http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sigma-70-300m...sid=p1638.m122 in Ebay.

Do you recommend to buy lense from ebay? what are the factors to consider before buying things off online? I live in Australia.

Shalvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:30 AM   #2

Read their feed back page and never buy from someone with less than 95% positive rating. These folks seem to be legit. Use Paypal as you are covered up to 3000 dollars that way. If the price is way lower than everyone else, look out. Some offer cameras and other gear a lot lower Price then want you to pay extra to get things that should come with the camera...Such as Batteries and cables. I buy my new stuff from B&H Photo Video and do not mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind I get from them being honest!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:55 AM   #3

feedback is the key. if they have negative or no feedback, buyer beware. i have bought many lenses, all used off e-bay. the more photos a user posts makes me feel comfortable about the quality of the itemi am bidding on. i often find that with new brand name items it's usually safer to buy from a established store and not off e-bay.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote