Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:43 AM   #1

I do not have the skill and gear to do HDR. But I do have FA28mm

This lens is foolproof. Never glamourous as it does not give you a nich bokeh even wide open given its dof is quite large. Reputation wise it is no match to the 31mm Ltd, FA35mm or FA20mm

For indoor party shot, it gives you zero hassle wide open

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:32 AM   #2

When I got mine as a freebie in a package deal I thought I would sell it, but I've kept it and use it like you do. It's not marvellous wide open, but it does the job and stopped down it's also a very good landscape lens. I'll never sell it now that I've seen how useful it can be.

While #1 is a good shot of an imposing building, #2 is marvellous in subject, composition and exposure. Litterally mouthwatering.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:21 PM   #3

I go to vote for picture no 2!

I try hard to get this lens and got no result till now. May be, I'm not lucky like any other who own this beatiful small nice lens. After I got Pentax DA 18-250, I need to accompany it with several prime lens as travel kits (FA 20, FA 28 and FA 50). I forced to miss FA* 24 and replace it with Sigma AF 24 2.8 which have visual appereance to FA series and got respectful review.

rtogog is offline   Reply With Quote