Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 10, 2008, 6:02 PM   #1

due to my budget constraints, I was thinking that this lens might be just the ticket for now. Verstile and some say it's as good as the Pentax*
Anyway, here are some pics from the art walk event I did last week. (My live mannequins) They turned out pretty well.

pdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2008, 8:50 AM   #2

I'd strongly reccommend this lens which covers a very useful focal length However, because somecopiesmay suffer decentering issue, you should check if both halves of the image are equally sharp. If you find any imperfection replace the lens without any hesitation as I did with mine and have been very happyabout thenew one! Btw, I also had a back up D40x (sharing the same 10mp sony sensor with the K10D). Despite its largerfocal range, the 17-70 Sigma on the K10Dyielded sharper images every time against the 18-55 Nikkor on the back up!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 6:59 AM   #3

Yes I have this lens and yes, I love it! It replaced my beloved Pentax-F 35-70 zoom. The extra range at the wide end makes this lens more useful to me. It's very sharp throughout its range and does a good job with macro type shots as well.

A few recent images

maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 3:32 AM   #4

I have the 17-70mm Macro version on my Samsung GX-10 (rebadged Pentax K10d) and love it. It's my most used lens, so can normally be found clinging to the end of the GX-10. Very sharp, perfect colours, contrast, semi-macro capability. Couldn't ask for more from a wide-portrait zoom apart from maybe it doing my washing, but that's asking quite alot.
shades3k is offline   Reply With Quote