Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 24, 2008, 5:28 PM   #1

An article on "step-up lenses" features 11 lenses from 8 manufacturers, including 2 Pentax lenses: the DA 55=300 ("'. . . sharpness and contrast in the Excellent range, even out to 300mm . . . and distortion was extremely well controlled . . . .") and the DA 10-17mm Fisheye (" . . . essentially the same lens [as the Tokina 10-17mm] with different mounts"). Also of interest is that the Sigma 120-400mm f4.5-5.6 APO HSM (ultrasonic) and the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 LD Macro are "coming soon" in Pentax (and Sony) mounts. In another article, "Top Buys 2008", the Pentax 50mm f1.4mm FA is included ("Excellent sharpness and produced almost no distortion").
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:15 PM   #2

I'll have to read the article. I'm not surprised about the 10-17, but it's the 55-300 that is interesting at the moment. My hubby has grabbed my K100 this trip, and (after he discovered that the kit lens is so short) also has taken over the 50-135. If his interest in photography grows, I'm definitely going to be in the market for a zoom lens, and the 55-300 would work quite well for us, I think.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote