Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:08 PM   #11

my personal favourite is the 50-135,

i see the 77 and 31 is very popular, on other web sites, for this same topic

i see LBA in the near future

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:39 PM   #12

Over the last 3 years, I have started out with the 2 kit lenses, then added the DA 16-45 and DA 10-17 FE, because I like the wide angle end of things. I have added the new DA 55-300 earlier this year, and this week finally picked up the DA 12-24, I have been debating over for at least the last year.

My favorites - well the 10-17 FE, and I actually got home early enough one evening to use the 12-24. It has the feeling of the FE, but everything is not as "pushed back" within the frame (but obviously - not as wide, either). So far with limited use, there are similarities, however the large difference is - its rectilinear and I do not have to decide what to do with the curve or where to put it in the frame. I feel that these two actually complement each other more, rather than competing against each other.

So, right now, I see no pressing need for additional lenses. Yes, I know - never say never. They are all in the f4 range, but right now I feel no compelling need for additional speed. If Pentax would have offered a copy of the Tokina 11-16/f2.8, I would have gone with that. From reading, I see that its very sharp on the Canon and Nikon mounts. However, I am very happy with the 12-24.

My backpack is now occupied with just these 4 lens.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:20 AM   #13

Inthe small travel bag, we carry the kit lens and the 55-300. That covers about everything for us.
sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote