Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:44 PM   #1

Hi all,

Currently looking for wide angle lens.Unfortunately due to the rampagingdollarand my own little credit crisis I cannot quite afford a new one (e.g Sigma 10-20, Pentax 12-24 or14)at this moment as all of them retails for $800+ down here in SA.

Can get a old Pentax SMC K 15mm f/3.5 though for $380.

Had a look at the lens but could only take a few test shots indoors which did not realy gave me any idea about the performance - lens looks in excelent condition.

?? Does anybody have any experience or knowlegeon this lens, I dont mind the manual focus but would it be able to match the IQ of say the Sigma 10-20.

?? $380 feels like a lot of $$ for a lens that is older than I am - is this a reasonable price? (tried to seach on Ebay but could not find any).

Sorry for the tough Q's. Any comments/reccomendations would be appreciated.

Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2008, 9:44 PM   #2

"15 mm f/3.5 Antti-Pekka Virtanen - . . . I seem to use it more and more . . .for landscapes, halo and aurora phenomena . . .

[line]David A. Mann - . . . Sharpness and light falloff are terrible wide open but improve greatly when stopped down by any amount. The lens has a ton of contrast . . ."

Also see http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/showproduct.php?product=48&cat=26
All versions look good.

dmartin@newarts.com is offline   Reply With Quote