Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Default Holiday Lens Deals?

Perhaps I'm pulling the trigger just a bit early on this post, seeing as we're not past Cyber Monday yet... but I'm not really seeing any holiday deals on DSLR lenses - from Pentax or anyone else. Lots of consumer point-and-shoot cameras, yes. Some good deals on memory cards, etc. But given that many photo enthusiasts haven't a prayer of purchasing an $800-$1000 lens any time soon in the current environment, I would think a lot of people would make an extra effort for, say, a $200 discount on a lens in the aforementioned price category. Well, I can dream, can't I?
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:55 AM   #2

Yes, you can dream. I've never noticed much lens discounts even for after-Christmas sales. I'm still dreaming of finding a yard sale with a $200 sign on a box containing a FA*600, FA*300 f2.8, the ATA TC and a few other items. It'll never happen, but its a nice daydream.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:01 AM   #3

About all I have found on lens deals so far is free shipping on a large number of lenses from bhphotovideo and adorama.com Which in some cases is like $11.60 off (at least for the lens I was looking at buying).

I to was dreaming of finding a 50-1500 f/2.8 or similar at $200 off but after spending 4 hrs on the internet on Friday it just doesn't look like its gonna happen.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:59 AM   #4

B&H and Adorama are offering the DA 40mm at $339 with free shipping. This is $160 off. I ordered mine Thanksgiving morning and got an email that evening stating it had shipped via UPS. It is now in VA, but hasn't made it to the house yet. Maybe it will be there this afternoon, I hope.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote