Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:14 PM   #11

The WR kit lens and the DA 40mm Limited would make an excellent combination - you keep the weather sealing and have a top quality, reasonably fast (and small) lens for times when quality is more important than keeping out the elements. Very nice!

As far as the 300 mm lenses - you'll have a number of options. Best to get the two lenses you are starting out with and play with them for a while before you think about what you want in a 300 mm lens. You might find that the Limited lens does things with your mind and eyes, making you less able to compromise (what happened to me after I bought the A*300 lens).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:28 PM   #12

Thanks mtngal. Yeah, I will have to research the telephoto lense and get that MUCH later... I think the present plan is a good one, but if it is too espensive, I might have to go for the 18-45... I keep hoping that prices might go down in March and April, especially with the advent of the Canon 550D.

Thanks for your help.

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:10 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Thanks Lesmore! I can go with the 16-45 if Pentax SMC-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited is too expensive... Otherwise I can get it later... And now I get it about the shadows... thanks.

Things are a little different here in Finland, at least where I am located... I don't know of any stores that sell the Pentax K-7, let alone have any worthwhile lenses... That's another reason why I am so happy to have discovered this forum, I have learned much in addition to what I learn online from various websites.

All the best and happy shooting there in Canada. Hope you are enjoying the Olympics.

I find that it is a great website and yes I'm watching the Olympics...a local fellow from my province (Manitoba) in Canada, won the Skeleton Sled Gold medal, last night.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote