Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Default Vivitar 90-230 1:4.5 Help for Pentax K20D

Steve and group,

I have this same lens, Vivitar 90-230 1:4.5 given as a gift from my father-in-law. I would love to use this with my Pentax K20 D SLR. After much reading online and visiting your forum several times I see that Steve, you bought the same lens. Can you please give me some direction as to what type of converter or mount I should use to make it compatible? Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks. My email is rrhumbard@yahoo.com.
halosnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:31 PM   #2

First I need to know whether you have a T4 or a TX lens. The T4 is an earlier version of these interchangeable lens and the mounts are not really compatible. The T4's only came with a Universal screw mount for Pentax cameras. The TX on the other hand came in both M42 and P/k mount. If you have a T4 lens then you can get a universal M42 adapter and then get a M42 to P/K adapter and this will allow you to use your lens on the K20D.
You can buy cheap M42 to P/K adapters but this one is the best and recommended by me....http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-30120-M.../ref=pd_cp_p_1

You can find the M42 T4 adapters on Ebay most every week. Just be patient and one will show up. They are getting more expensive though. A little more info....a T4 universal mount will work on a TX lens but a TX will not work on a T4 lens. Also a Soligor T4 will work on a Vivitar T4 lens. They are identical.

If you have more questions please ask.
Attached Images
Big Dawg

Last edited by bigdawg; Jun 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote