Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:13 PM   #1
Default Trying to test the Pentax 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR well

I took a number of different shots with the lens and the K-7....just to see different situations...

First up, a knockout rose, in the very early morning dew.....

In closer

At the butterfly bush, a little skimmer (thanks, Penolta) stopped to check it out.

I was not so pleased with my shots of a hummingbird moth, so I decided to focus on something that didn't move. My son won his mother's heart when he returned from working in Qatar with very beautiful perfume bottles filled with expensive scents (or, at least, close copies)

And, of course, there has to be a picky-picky who wants to go in closer to the swirls

Only the swirls has noise reduction or substantial processing. The others are pretty well the way they came out of the K-7, although there was a moderate crop on the butterfly shots.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:37 PM   #2

Thanks for posting these - the bokeh on the butterfly shot certainly lives up to what I would expect from this lens. I do not need another macro lens. I'm perfectly happy with my Viv 105 (it has its limitations as well as its strengths). I do NOT need another macro lens! I really don't need something like this. No, no, no - there are at least 3 lenses I need/want more than another macro lens. The need is just not there (that's never stopped me before, unfortunately).

Can you give me the winning lottery numbers, so I can buy this lens? I think if I were in the market for a macro lens right now, this would be very high on my list, higher than the Viv.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote