Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Default The Fifty MM Shootout with 7 major contenders

First, the contenders

1. Pentax SMC M 50mm 2
  2. Pentax SMC M 50mm 1.4
  3. Pentax SMC A 50mm 2
  4. Ashai Pentax Super Takamur 55mm 1.8
  5. Ashai Pentax Super Takamur 50mm 1.4
  6. Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm 1.8
  7. Helios 58mm 2

unfortunately I gave my Yashinon 55mm 1.8 to a friend, it was a real nice lens as well.

The Yashinon and Helios lenses were manufactured in the C.Z. factories after germany split into E/W. The Helios, obviously at a Russian facility and the Yashinon at a Japanese. They have pretty much the same glass/optical qualities of some of the C.Z. lenses, but of course the C.Z lenses also vary from model IE Jena,pancolar,flektogon,distagon, etc.

I already got all the pictures finished, just have to upload, resize and label them all. Which will take quite a bit of time. If any volunteers are wanting to help with the labeling/posting, please PM me and I can shoot half the images your way. This will take me several days to finish this thread and I wil try to have all the results posted up at once.

I took the images from 1.4,2.8,4,5.6,8,11,16,22 (where available, IE not all lenses are 1.4 so 1.8 /f2 was replaced; fastest setting, slowest setting etc.) All lenses from same angle, same scene. I arranged a collage of fine art prints for color rendition, small, large, and medium sized text at center and corners, and various angles to try to produce accurate results.

Drum roll please... (please be patient for several days)
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links