Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:12 AM   #1
Default Looking for 2 Sigma Lenses, but can't seem to find them.

I am looking for 3 Sigma lenses to do some tests on and compare to my current collection before making any decisions on what stays and what goes. Only looking for AF versions, if the other do exist I am not intereted.

The 2 I am looking for are the Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 non-HSM version, looking to get this on the cheap, but no retailers seem to have it posted.

I am also looking to get the Sigma 24-135mm 1:2.8-4.5, but this one eludes me to. Actually there is one of these on eBay right now, but I wanted to test the market to see if the quoted price is the actual price.

I am also looking for a wide Sigma zoom, sub 18mm (1.5x)...something like the 12 - 24mm, but looking for a cheap option. Something like the 9 - 18mm would be nice, but really any zoom, sub 18 would be find.

If anyone knows where I can find these on the cheap, or if you have one that you are looking to off, then let me know and we can see if we can crack up a deal. Just post here, or send me an IM.

mackloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:19 AM   #2

If you're in the US, I don't think Sigma has a huge presence here. The result of that, is that inventory is quickly turned, and I don't think you're going to find a non-OS 18-250mm new easily, or used for that matter. The 24-135mm is another rare one - if you've found one at what you consider a reasonable price, I'd go for it (though if it were anything like the 28-105 I used to own, it might not be a great performer).
K-5 + BG4 | K200D | GH1
Lenses | Gallery
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:21 AM   #3

The 24-135, I am familiar with, and it's the lens I use most. It does have some drawbacks, though - it's heavy and large, since it was made for film slrs, and doesn't have digital coatings, making it a bit more prone to flare under some conditions.
In excellent condition, it would probably go for $250 -$300 or more. It took me a while of looking to find mine, as I don't think there were many made to begin with in the Pentax mount. You can search this forum for it, and I recall seeing a couple threads on the lens.
The 18 - 250, from what I have read, (and from what I have seen of used lens prices) is less well regarded than the Tamron version.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote