Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:07 PM   #1
Default lenses

i bought the pentax k-x lens kit and so far love the camera. I find though that the 55-300 lense i am not using as much as i thought...maybe it's b/c by the time i change my lense to get some pics the moment is gone.. not sure... so i wanted maybe get a different lense but with some reach yet... the only other one i see is the DA 18-135 but it comes with a heafty price tag.... why so much more ??? will it be worth to get this lense? i wish they had a 18-200... i'd find my perfect match :S
lin7604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2

In general, lenses that have both wide angle and telephoto capability, especially a big range, tend to be poorer quality. They have to make compromises when asking a lens to do both. The one exception to this (and it does have it's limitations) is the Tamron/Pentax 18-250. The lens is now discontinued but you can still find it around occasionally, and its easily found used.

The DA 18-135 is a brand new lens, I think there's limited quantities available so it's not going to be discounted anywhere. So far the initial pictures I've seen from it are pretty promising.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote